Standard Bank, previously known as the Commercial Bank of Malawi, was registered as a commercial bank on 15 March 1969. The start-up share capital was K2.5 million and the founder shareholders were the Malawi Development Corporation (20%), Press Holdings Limited (20%) and Banco Pinto Sotto Mayor (60%). The first branch was opened in Limbe on 11 April 1970.
See our latest reports, annual results, presentations and financial information.
- 2022 Interim Results
- 2022 Half Year Risk and Capital Management Report
- Standard Bank Plc 2021 Annual Results
- Standard Bank Malawi 2020 Annual Results
- Standard Bank Malawi 2019 Annual Results
- Standard bank Group 2019 Annual Results
- Risk and Capital Management Report
Get to know us a lot better by reading about what we’re doing as a Bank in the communities across Malawi.