Melville Douglas was established in 1983 by Harvey Douglas and Christopher Melville. We are a boutique investment management company within the Standard Bank Group and manage the investments of behalf of a wide range of endowments, charitable trusts, retirement funds, institutional and private client mandates. What truly sets Melville Douglas apart is our approach to investing – driven by balance, a long-term view and a commitment to fundamental research. Through our close collaboration with Standard Bank we also offer a global investment management service to investor’s from and into the African continent. Over the years we have delivered outstanding results for our investors thanks to our experienced team and comprehensive range of domestic and offshore investment options. We offer a range of managed funds that allow investors to access domestic and offshore markets in line with their needs and risk profiles, while our portfolio management service provides high net worth and institutional investors with the opportunity to establish bespoke portfolios.
Why Melville Douglas?
- Our service is customised to suit each client’s personal needs. Our flexible approach, combined with a comprehensive financial needs analysis and a full understanding of our client’s investment objectives delivers a customised investment portfolio, One-size does not fit all.
- We ensure that active asset allocation immediately adjusts to the changing circumstances in investment markets providing our clients peace of mind that their assets are constantly monitored by focused professionals.
- We provide our clients with full transparency regarding the underlying assets owned, portfolio transactions and all management costs so that they are able to evaluate our performance and progress with confidence.
- Our team of experts provide our clients with exceptional, personalised service. We dedicate two portfolio managers and a client services individual to each client ensuring our clients always have direct access to their portfolio manager and understand the investment decisions they make on their behalf.
- Our portfolio managers are in regular contact with our clients and consistently report back on portfolio performance.
- A wealth of experience - our investment team has in excess of 300 years’ combined experience.