If you want to buy a new home or re-finance your current home, we offer outright purchase and home-owner loans also known as equity release home loans.
What does it offer me?
- Existing customers and new customers can apply for a home loan.
- You get flexible principal repayment options – you can pay monthly, quarterly or once or twice a year.
- If you are self-employed, the maximum repayment period is seven years.
- If you earn a salary, the maximum repayment period is 20 years
What do I need to apply?
- You need to earn a monthly net salary of K200,000.00
- Your salary must be paid into your Standard Bank account.
- Proof that you have been with the same employer for at least 12 consecutive months.
- You must give us a letter of introduction from your employer or a copy of your letter of employment if you have been with your employer for less than 12 months.
- If you work on a contract basis, we need a copy of your most recent contract.
- Your pay slips for the past three months.
- You must be a Malawian citizen with permanent residency.
- If your Standard Bank account was opened in the past six months, you need to give us six months' copies of your account with another bank.
- Proof of your address, such as a recent utility bill or a billing document proving your address.
- A filled in home loan application form, which you can get from any of our branches