Home Owner's Comprehensive Cover

What is it

Home owner’s comprehensive cover is designed to protect you financially against loss or damage to the physical structure of your private residence and any improvements to its construction.  This includes:

  • Private Garages
  • Outbuildings
  • Tennis Courts
  • Swimming Pools and Boreholes (including Pumps and Motors)
  • Walls, Gates, Fences (other than hedges)
  • Tarred, Paved or Tiled Driveways or Patios
  • Underground Water, Gas and Sewerage Pipes
  • Electricity and Telephone Cables
  • Aerials, Satellite Dishes
  • Landlords Fixtures and Fittings


What does it offer me

Your family home will be comprehensively insured against the following risks:

  • Fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake or volcanic eruption
  • Storm, tempest, or flood
  • Escape of water or oil from any fixed water or heating installation or washing machine
  • Riot, strike and civil commotion lockouts, labour disturbances, malicious damage
  • Accidental damage to fixed Glass and Sanitary-ware
  • Theft or damage caused by attempted theft of landlord fixtures and fittings
  • Falling trees or branches


What do I need to apply

This cover is best suited for clients or potential clients who have home loan finance through Standard Bank. 

To take out Home owner’s comprehensive cover, just visit your nearest Standard Bank branch with your valid Identity Document.

Saving your details - Please Wait...

Call me back

Thank you for your enquiry.
One of our consultants will be in contact with you.


Online Banking

  • property loan repayment

    Property Loan monthly payment Calculator

    Loan amount:
    Interest rate:
    No of Months:
  • Property loan affordability

    Calculate maximum loan amount you may qualify for:

    Gross monthly income:
    Gross monthly expense:
    Tenure (months):
    Interest Rate (%):
    You qualify for a: