An overdraft is a fluctuating loan facility that is individually tailored to meet the needs of customers who require short term finance for working capital purposes, making it the ideal way to manage your cash flow. It is linked to your business account and you can use as much as you need, up to your limit.
What does it offer me?
- It’s convenient – once arranged, the facility is available and can be used whenever required.
- It’s simple to use – it requires only the issuing of a Cheque. You don’t have to transfer funds from a separate loan account since the approved limit is loaded on to your Business current account.
- The facility remains available even if you don’t use it (for the agreed period subject to review).
- It’s affordable – an overdraft is one of the least expensive forms of short-term finance.
- It’s flexible – Repayment terms are negotiable with the Account Executive.
- Interest is charged based on utilisation.
- Your overdraft cannot be utilised for capital expenditure or the consolidation of debt.
- Evaluation principles are based on cash-flow assessment.
- Collateral is based on conditions of grant.
- Period is 12 months (annual review).
What do I need to apply?
Visit your nearest Standard Bank branch with the following documentation:
- Cash-flow projections.
- Financial statements.
- Bank statements (new customer).
- Personal statements (Members/Directors).
If you have been in business for 12 months or more, you can apply for an overdraft facility.