A Standard Bank Notice deposit account is an investment account that earns you interest, but to access your money you will have to give us notice that you want to withdraw the funds.
Features and benefits
- You need a minimum opening deposit of MWK10 000
- You can add to your investment at any time, provided it is an amount of at least
- There are two types of deposits – the first requires that you give us 7 days notice; the other requires 30 days notice.
- Funds are immediately available after notice period is observed
- No service fees are charged on the account
- You can link your account to your transactional account and manage it electronically
- Interest is paid out quarterly
- Withdrawal without notice will attract a penalty
Who can apply
If you are a personal, business or corporate customer with MWK10, 000 or more to invest, but still require reasonable access to your funds, a Notice Deposit account is ideal.
How to apply
To open your Notice Deposit, just visit your nearest Standard Bank branch with your valid Identity Document and complete an application form.